These are so popular that I've had many other runners ask for a tutorial. So here it is!
Supplies for a 24"x 7" horizontal hanger
1 - 24"x 7" board - I purchased pre-cut Hobby Board from Home Depot $5.77 each
8 - L Hooks - I purchased packs of 100 from Amazon.com
2 - Sawtooth photo hangers
Paint of your choice
Vinyl Sticker with saying (I cut myself using my Silhouette Cameo)
Paint brush
Hammer
Needle nose pliers
Something like an ice pick to punch the holes for L Hooks
Ruler
credit card for smoothing sticker
Gather your supplies
I only had 1 L hook left, so only one is shown - but for this board you should have 8.
Paint your board in a color of your choice
Decide where you want to place your bibs and medals. Take your "ice pick" and hammer and punch holes. You do not have to go all the way through, this just makes it easier to get the L hooks screwed in. You can even pre-make a paper template; I recommend doing this if you are making a lot.
Turn board over and attach sawtooth picture hangers. Be careful not to nail all the way through to the front of the board!
Next you will attach your sticker. The red dots shown in the photo are where the holes would be for the hooks. Decide exactly where you want your sticker.
Once the sticker is down, take a credit card and rub your saying onto the board.
Start to peel the plastic off of your saying. GO SLOWLY. If your letters aren't sticking to the board, lay the plastic back down and rub some more. I repeat - GO SLOWLY.
Next you will add the hooks to the front of your board. Slowly screw them in, using the needle nose pliers for grip if you need some help. If you are having trouble getting your hooks started screwing in, you might need to punch the holes a little larger.
Bib hooks were placed 7"apart. For bibs that are larger, you can hang two sets of hooks, or do what I do and just punch new holes in the bib so they can hang.
Medal Hooks are 3/4" from the bottom and about 2"apart.
When you are done, take your board and fill it up with all of your bling!
And check out these awesome moms - this is only about 1/2 of whom came to the MNO. Lots of great saying and accomplishments being showcased. So get some supplies and make one for yourself. They are easy and awesome!












No comments:
Post a Comment