4.20.2011

ONE for ONE.

ONE for ONE.

I had a friend mention this great company, TOMS. The whole thought behind the company is to get shoes to children in need. She also said the shoes are super comfy. I was intrigued, so I decided to take a look.

Did you know? (Taken from the TOMS website).
Many children in developing countries grow up barefoot. Whether at play, doing chores or going to school, these children are at risk:

•A leading cause of disease in developing countries is soil-transmitted diseases, which can penetrate the skin through bare feet. Wearing shoes can help prevent these diseases, and the long-term physical and cognitive harm they cause.

•Wearing shoes also prevents feet from getting cuts and sores. Not only are these injuries painful, they also are dangerous when wounds become infected.

•Many times children can't attend school barefoot because shoes are a required part of their uniform. If they don't have shoes, they don't go to school. If they don't receive an education, they don't have the opportunity to realize their potential.

I decided to get a pair of these shoes. One to see just how comfy there are. But more importantly to give back to the world and help get another pair of shoes on a child's feet.

So...Will you be apart of the movement? Will you join the ONE for ONE?

ONE for ONE.

(And yes, they really are comfy.)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Dawn said...

I love Toms! You should check out the glitters! Super cute!